The nine classes (COG, GO, KEGG, KEYWORDS, PFAM, SMART, Superfamily and Operons) and the number of
overrepresented ClassIDs (e.g. GO:0009082, GO:0005215, etc) of each experiment/cluster are shown in the summary table. A classID is
overrepresented if it contains significant more genes than is expected on random basis.
In principle, higher number of classIDs means more significant biological difference.
Main Table contain the results of all experiments / clusters for all classes.
Select "Score, Hits/Class Size, p-value, or Gene set" before Exporting
the table data.
The columns contain the following information:
- ClassID: The class term and a link to term details. Note; KEYWORDs redirect to a Wiki page, but not all keywords are described in a Wiki pages
- Class: The Class name, e.g., KEGG
- Description: Description of the class term derived from the original class annotation
- LC: Line Chart (LC) is a simple representation of the original input values
- Heatmap: Similar data as the Line Chart but presented as a Heatmap
- Experiments: Each experiment is presented in a column with 4 values which can be turned on or off enhancing readabilty.
- Score: The score is a ranked from 0 to 9, poor to good, light to dark blue, respectivily.
- Hits/Class Size:Number of genes found in the class / size of the class
- p-value: p-value
- Gene set: Gene IDs found in the class
In case of multiple experiments (or clusters) analysis; for each of the nine classes 3 Bar Graphs are available.
In case of a single experiment analysis, only Bar Graph 2 will be shown. Hovering over the bars will show the genes (aka hits) of the selected ClassID.
- Bar Graph 1: Number of overrepresented ClassIDs (Functional Classes) per Experiment (or Cluster). Clicking or hovering over the bars will show all ClassIDs of the selected bar in Bar Graph 2.
- Bar Graph 2: The significance of all ClassIDs of the selected bar from Bar Graph 1. The p-value is presented in the minus log scale, meaning that higher bars represent more signifcant overrepresentation of the ClassID. Clicking or hovering over the bars will activate Bar Graph 3.
- Bar Graph 3: The selected ClassID from Bar Graph 2 is show for all experiments (or Clusters). The bar size represents the number of significant genes (aka Hits).
Each Bar graph has a download button for "Image" and "Data". Before exporting the image, the Label Size, Label Angle
and Title Size
van be changed using the sliders.